Saturday, September 12, 2009

Musicians are SO kewl: They are having a BIG benefit for Elana Rogers -- reminds me of that CD for Victoria Williams Pearl Jam's "Crazy Mary" was on

The text is from Elana Rogers herself -- note that April Kim performed in our series, too, and ended up hooking us up with Elana:

Friends, please mark your calendars for Friday, Sept. 25! With the help of April Sciacca (aka April Kim), Sara Widener and Tommy Nahulu, some wonderful people have come together to help me and are going to put on a BIG show!

The benefit is called "Support for Our Sister" and will be held at the D Note. Forward to your friends!

My story is here. Donations also welcome on the "Help Support the Fight" link.

"Support for Our Sister" Benefit
Friday, September 25th
~ The D Note ~
www.dnote.us
5719 Grandview
Arvada, Colorado

The best gourmet pizza around! KIDS welcome!!

The proceeds will go towards my health fund as my medical bills are now in the thousands (yes, even with insurance).

These bands are awesome! What can I say? These people are extremely talented, will entertain your SOCKS off, and are very near and dear to my heart.

There will be a raffle to boot.

Bands / solo artists in order of appearance ...

5:30 pm: Naor Nave acoustic
6:30 pm: Tempa & The Tantrums
7:30 pm: Melanie Susuras Band
8:45 pm: Something Underground (recently played Red Rocks!)
10:30 pm: Demon Funkies!

Since I will not be performing at the benefit, the following day -- Saturday, Sept. 26 -- I will be performing solo acoustic in an intimate setting from 2-3 pm in Parker Library's Live Local Music Series at the Parker Mainstreet Center! I'll be performing in the gallery at the Mainstreet Center, which is at 20120 E. Mainstreet in historic downtown Parker. Questions about the series or the venue? Ask Parker Library Reference: 303.840.5183.

I know this is back-to-back with the above-mentioned event, but it would be a great help if some friends could come show their support -- in hopes to avoid a scenario of performing to an empty audience.

Many hugs, thanks, and graciousness,

Love,

Elana

www.elanarogers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment