Saturday, September 12, 2009

Artist review: Saints

I'm not going to post every review I write for Colorado Music Buzz on this blog -- you know where to find them and more -- but I simply must post my review of the self-titled EP by the Denver-based Brit-pop band Saints -- you'll immediately see why. (Who knew Brit pop could make me freak out like this?) Enjoy! Jeanie

P.S. Images courtesy Saints. (Thanks, guys. You rock.)

Indie -- Rock: Saints -- Saints [EP]
Colorado Music Buzz | Vol 4 Issue 4 |
September 2009

I LOVED this CD instantly. I was actually sort of stunned when “Guiding Light,” the first song, started, having resigned myself to look for positive things to say about whatever I was about to hear – I honestly haven’t been in love with a lot of CDs lately.

With Saints I literally had to find SaintsTheBand on Twitter and give a shout-out to the guys – Rob Gault (guitars and vocals), Lewi Gault (drums) and Blaine Schult (guitars).

On Twitter I said: I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! I LOVE IT! And if you know me, you know I’m not at all like that.

Not the gushing type at all.

They are so very young and yet have gelled so well together as a band. You surely will be surprised such young talent is so tight. This EP should be all over KTCL and the rest of the world, what with the outstanding guitar riffs and Rob Gault’s fabulous voice, the obvious talent pooled instrumentally in regards to composition and melody, coupled with rare polish and true originality.

(The production quality rocks, to be sure.)

A small regret was that I could not find the lyrics online.

With just a smidge of the sound of the sixties in there, Saints have a totally fresh sound all their own and are very strong, lyrically.

To boot, this five-song EP sounds great as a unit, but the songs are not so much the same as to be evidence of weakness.

On their MySpace they say: “We hope to uplift you and make a difference in your day.” They made a difference in my year.

This is truly the best CD I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing since I started doing reviews for Colorado Music Buzz a little more than a year ago – that’s No. 1 of more than 30 CDs.

They also say: “We hope to be great.” They are so great. They’re going to be worldwide.

Just watch

No comments:

Post a Comment