Wednesday, June 1, 2011

From Jerry Barlow (Celtic Fingerstyle Guitar)

Greetings!

I believe “retooling” is the term used for the adventure that has been mine these last several months. And I am excited to share the results with you!

The first accomplishment is a new website! For which I am deeply appreciative of the artistic sensibilities, persistence, and incredible technical savvy, of my developer and great friend, Todd Evenson. Todd was able to capture a warm intuitive ambiance for the site, which is in keeping with the music I love to play. Please visit www.jerrybarlow.com/Bookings and let us know what you think! (Todd can be reached attoddevenson@comcast.net)

My second accomplishment is learning the basics of sound engineering. To say this has been a steep learning curve is an understatement! However, each session has taught me something new and my skills are improving with every edit. I am hopeful that my new, self-engineered CD, entitled Fields and Fences, will be ready sometime this fall.

Along with a few timeless traditional pieces, Fields and Fences will feature my own Celtic-inspired melodies, the titles of which reflect the deep affection I have developed for the people and places I’ve encountered while touring the Midwest and beyond. And touring -- presenting the music, history and legend to warm appreciative audiences in libraries, small theatres, churches, community rooms and museums -- makes all the rest of this worthwhile.

I am planning on staying close to home this summer so I can complete Fields and Fences and get ready for another season of concerts this fall (see tour schedule on website). Hopefully I will see you at one of those performances!

Best Wishes,

Jerry Barlow

No comments:

Post a Comment