Thursday, December 10, 2009

LOVE Hometown for the Holidays ...

I love Hometown for the Holidays on KTCL 93.3.

At what other juncture -- beside shows like KTCL's Locals Only -- can you hear, on corporate radio, bands like The Epilogues?

The Heyday?

Love.45?

Reno Divorce?

Vices I Admire?

DB & The Catastrophe?

(Uh-huh. Just sayin'!)

I myself LOVE DB & The Catastrophe and was waiting for the review copy I sent to cataloging to come back to us so patrons could check it out.

Lo and behold, the copy is AWOL. Too bad because I gave them a great review.

We'll have to figure out what happened to the disc. Meanwhile, here's the review I wrote for Colorado Music Buzz back in July when the CD first landed in my lap.

Stay tuned on the missing copy and be sure to get yourself on the list for this one. Hopefully it will land itself back in our arms!

Rock: Dylan Busby -- DB and The Catastrophe [EP]
http://www.ColoradoMusicBuzz.com/Index.asp?LinkTo=A240

This is going to sound like such a weak, weak cliche, but I swear this is the best way to put this: The first track of this self-titled EP is appropriately titled -– the CD knocked me out. (Eek. That was bad, huh? Sorry.) Really though, as far as
Post-Punk Punk goes, this is the stuff of dreams. And while "Knocked Out" knocks out folks like me, Dylan Busby and his buddies -- he enlisted Tyler McGoffin, Ricky Brown and Diego Valenzuala -- will also have mass appeal with lovers of Ska and the whole Alt-whatever (fill in the blank) mob. DB and The Catastrophe offers up four very energetic and well-produced singles -- and big brownie points for the fabulously hip and earth-friendly packaging. (Note to other artists: If you’re going to go hard copy, please, please, please: enough with the jewel cases. A sleeve with some cool artwork -– like what DB and The Catastrophe having going on -- is just so much more now.)

MySpace.com/DylanBusby

No comments:

Post a Comment