Monday, July 6, 2009

The Motet -- we love you ...

The Motet camp has expressed its sorrow at loss of the King of Pop, Michael Jackson:

“We have all been deeply influenced by him as a musician and performer over the years. … As the news of his untimely death still resonates around the globe, we have received countless requests to [revive] the tribute we paid to his music during Halloween 2005. Because so many of you have asked us to bring that show back, we just can’t refuse. Keep your ears peeled!”

That's just cool.

Stay tuned: The Motet will be announcing the return of the epic Motet Michael Jackson tribute!

Meanwhile, back at the ranch: LESS THAN ONE WEEK AND THEN WE'RE AT THE MOTET CD RELEASE SHOWS!

The Motet: "And due to popular demand we are going to pre-release one more track from our new record Dig Deep."

Do check out the following tracks here ...

EXPENSIVE SHIT
ROFOROFO FIGHT

Why am I always pushing The Motet? When I found out that I was taking on Local Music as a collection at my little public library branch, I knew zero about the local scene other than the most totally obvious names that are so totally obvious I'm embarrassed to say they were my only link to Local Music -- except for in the case of 16 Horsepower and a couple others.

(Oh come on, people! 16 Horsepower is not that mainstream!)

Any-hoo: A colleague here who I consider to be a true friend -- and she loves all things music -- said: "Check out The Motet."

And, sure enough, woo, just like that I fell in love with all things Local Music because I fell in love with The Motet.

Really. They are that fabulous. They carry the entire state.

Here's Modern Drummer on the why: "With Instrumental Dissent, the band's horns and deep-pocket bass is thrown into a blender with house beats and trance. Result? Slamming, driving grooves played with skill and fire."

No comments:

Post a Comment